My philosophy is closely aligned with the humanistic approach and person-centered therapy pioneered by Carl Rogers. This approach fundamentally believes in human potential, creativity, and the natural human drive toward self-actualization (the realization of one’s potential).
While my core beliefs about human potential remain constant, I do use a multimodal approach in counseling and psychotherapy based on what works best for each individual client. I tend to gravitate toward the additional therapeutic models and interventions described below.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT)
- Acceptance Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Positive Psychology
- Solution Focused
- Choice and Reality Therapy
- Family Systems Theory
- Internal Family Systems
- Psychodynamic and Developmental theories